If you make a new house in Pakistan then you need to apply for a new connection of electricity meter for your house. After completion of construction owner of the house needs to apply for new connection of electricity. It is also hectic work. You are in right place. You do not have to worry about this procedure. In this informative article, I will discuss all steps in simple language.
Electric Supply Companies working in Pakistan
Before applying for new connection of electricity for your home you should know about the electric supply companies of Pakistan. These all companies work under the supervision of the Pakistan Electric Power Company (PESCO). These companies purchase electricity from PESCO and then electricity is given to the public in different areas.
Lahore Electric Supply Company is as LESCO.
Gujranwala Electric Supply Company is known as GESCO.
Islamabad Electric Supply Company is known as IESCO.
Faisalabad Electric Supply Company as FESCO.
Multan Electric Supply Company is known as MESCO.
Peshawar Electric Supply Company is known as PESCO.
Tribal Electric Supply Company as TESCO.
Quetta Electric Supply Company as QESCO.
Hyderabad Electric Supply Company is as HESCO.
Sukkur Electric Supply Company is known as SESCO.
K-Electric is providing electricity in Karachi. But K-Electric is a private department.
Here is a complete guideline about applying for new connection of electricity. This procedure is for Lahore, Islamabad, and other big cities. While some small cities are following old conventional procedures. Old conventional procedures are time taking and hectic.
Step Number 1
- First of all click on this given link.
Step Number 2
- After clicking on this link you need to upload the required documents.
Step Number 3
- Just fill the application with your original details.
Step Number 4
- Then take print of application form.
Step Number 5
- Then attach the above-mentioned documents with the printed application form.
Step Number 6
- Then send the application form with the above-mentioned documents to the WAPDA.
Step Number 7
- WAPDA office will receive your documents and application form. Then they will verify your all documents. After verification, they will send you a document named demand notice.
Step Number 8
- After receiving the demand notice you need to pay the registration fee in any designated bank.
Step Number 9
- After payment of the registration fee, you need to send the receipt to the WAPDA office.
Step Number 10
- They will review your application.
Step Number 11
- Your new connection of electricity meter will be installed on your mentioned location.
- Required Documents:
- 2 copies of CNIC( only attested)
- 2 copies of CNIC of witnesses ( only attested)
- Allotment Letter or Baynama.
- Copy of proof of ownership of the house.
These all documents should be in PDF format. You can make a PDF format by using the CamScanner application. You can download the CamScanner application from Google Play Store.
How You can check the your status of a pending application?
- If you want to check the status of the pending application then click on this link.
As you know that electricity is also included in basic needs. These above-mentioned electric supply companies have introduced different methods for the new connection. By following the above-mentioned procedure you can install your new electricity meter. This procedure is the same for all-electric supply companies working in Pakistan. I have explained all steps in very easy language. If you have any confusion you can ask a question in the given comment box.