The administration of Islamic Republic of Pakistan has established the regulation of paying taxes/tolls. All Salaried/rewarded individuals or businesses have duties to follow the rules and law, pay tax yearly and folder their tax return. According to the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), Islamic Republic of Pakistan is out of those nations in the globe that has the lowermost Gross Domestic Product (GDP) that illustrates the state’s progress in a year.
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has sorted the entire population into two major kinds: Filer and a Non-filer.
|FILER||The individual or commerce on the functioning slope of Tax. Briefly they are the unvarying taxpayer.|
|NON-FILER||Somebody who is not mentioned on that slope.|
How to become filer in Pakistan?
- Non filers have to pay 15% as a tax while the filer has profited from devoting partial of the total, which is almost 7.5%.
- Filers are permitted to recompense only 0.3% tax on extracting the volume of greater than fifty thousand (50,000) while non filers pay 0.6% tax.
- In relation to automobile’s token, filers are paying tax ranging from 800-10000 while non filers have to pay tax ranging from 1200-30000.
- In relation to Prize Bond cash, filers have to pay only 15% tax while non-filer have to pay 25% tax.
- Likewise, On purchasing estate, functioning taxpayers have to pay 50% less tax quantity as compared to non-filer.
- The administration has limited non filers from buying a property value greater than fifty (50) lacs, although filers have no limitations.
- In relation to estate transmission, filers have to pay 1% of tax while 2% is paid by non filers.
- Filers having a business of Importations, he will pay 5.5% tax while non-filer have to pay 8% tax.
- Visit Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) IRIS online portal, tick on registration and provide all applicable data.
- Access the IRIS online portal another time and select e-enrolment from the dissimilar choices.
- Write all the particulars such as your CNIC #, phone # etc.
- Sign-in/Login in to your account and provide your revenue particulars in the application form. Congratulations, you are now the tax filer.
- To confirm either you are on an dynamic tax payer tilt or not, Enter active taxpayer list (ATL), then push space button and enter CNIC # (13 digits) and direct SMS to 9966.
Active taxpayer list
How abundant revenue in a year is taxable?
To Become a Filer
- If you need to be a filer then it is necessity to get a NTN (National Tax #) from the Federal Board Of Revenue (FBR).
- Simply just visit the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) website and generate an account.
- The primary step in becoming a filer is to acquire National Tax # (NTN) from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
Attainment of National Tax # (NTN) from Federal Board of Revenue (FBR)
- Initially, you have to visit the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) IRIS online portal by means of the link underneath. https://iris.fbr.gov.pk/public/txplogin.xhtml
- Then select registration for an un-registered individual.
- Provide all particulars in the Registration form (such as CNIC #, name, address etc.).
- You will obtain dual codes from the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) via SMS or via email.
- Then you have to insert the codes in the applicable field.
- Then select the submit button and your account will be generated.
- Currently you have to sign in to your account. Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) will direct you the username & keyword referred to you through email/SMS. Use that username & keyword to sign/log in to your account.
- Afterward, tick on draft and 181 application form will be displayed on the screen.
- You want to tick on the manage/edit key, to insert your particulars for National tax number (NTN).
- Now just insert all the data in the form and assign all the appropriate papers.
- Greetings you will acquire a national tax number (NTN) from the federal board of revenue (FBR) within scarce hours.
Papers/Documents Mandatory for National Tax Number (NTN)
- Photocopy of Valid/effective CNIC
- Photocopy of newly paid electricity bill of the household which might not be older than three (3) months
- Up-to-date salary slip
- Contact Numbers and Functional Email address
- NTN (National Tax Number) of Manager, Organization Address, and effective Email address
- For commerce National Tax Number (NTN), you will have to tell regarding the nature of the commerce, have to award commerce letterhead and estate or rent credentials
- After you get the National Tax Number (NTN) from the federal board of revenue (FBR), you have to visit the IRIS online portal and follow the step ladders mentioned below.
Membership of a Registered Individual
- When you are completed with registering yourself in the federal board of revenue (FBR) system then you have to visit the IRIS online portal another time with the below mentioned link: https://iris.fbr.gov.pk/public/txplogin.xhtml
- Subsequently, select e-enrolment for recorded person
- A form will be presented on your computer screen
- Insert all the particulars such as (CNIC #, Name, Phone # & email address etc.).
- Later, select submit key
- After the completion of this e-enrolment registration, you will obtain a PIN from Federal Board Of Revenue (FBR) by SMS or through email address
- Then insert the CNIC # in Registration # blank and insert the keyword you obtained through the SMS from Federal Board Of Revenue (FBR). Then select Sign-in or login.
- Again the similar draft choice in it. You have to manage the application form
- Insert the appropriate data in the Personal Tab/Business Tab/Property Tab/Link Tab as well as Bank Account tab
- Attach the appropriate papers.
- The data should be precise and should be of the existing financial
- Select the submit key and you are finished this extensive procedure
- Subsequently, you will obtain a authorization email from Federal Board Of Revenue (FBR)
Checking the Active Tax-payer Standing
- Visit the Federal Board Of Revenue (FBR) authorized web site.
- Select “Active Tax-payer List (ATL) income tax“. Subsequently, an active tax-payer list for income tax will be displayed on the screen which can be downloaded into your computer/Pc.
- Download the entire list and confirm your name in the list.
- Open message application
- Type ATL then space and then type CNIC # (13 digits) and direct it to 9966
- For checking ATL status of the company, type ATL then space and then type NTN (7 digits) and send it to 9966
To check the status through an online portal, you have to follow the stages mentioned below:
- Open the subsequent link in your browser:
- You will get dual blank options of Registration number and date correspondingly
- Then insert your CNIC # or National Tax Number (NTN) in the Registration # blank
- Also type the specific date
- There is a captcha given underneath the blank. Enter the code as it is and select verify
- Subsequently, ATL status will be displayed